RE: OGEMBO SOLAR PV SYSTEM INSTALLATION REPORT
Following our completion of the installation of a solar PV system at Mr Javan’s family homestead in Ogembo, Kisii County, Kenya, we are happy to submit our report as detailed hereunder.
I) Contract Execution
We supplied and installed a solar electric system comprising of
- 6No 185Watt/24VDC crystalline solar panels (instead of 7No 130Watt/12V modules)
- 3No 200Ah12V sealed maintenance-free solar batteries
- 1No 45Amp/12/24/48VDC MPPT charge controller with digital display
- 1No DC power combiner unit
- 1No consumer control unit
- 1No 2000Watt/12VDC inverter (instead of a 1500Watt unit)
We also carried out wiring and fitting for socket outlets and lighting points in three structures, namely Javan’s house, his father’s house and the orphanage (currently being used as a church hall).
After the installation and testing of the system and wiring, we held an end-user training in which we explained to Javan and members of the church and community among other things;
- how the system works
- how to monitor the system
- how to maintain the system
- how to use and manage energy
- how to interpret and respond to readings and indicators on equipment displays
The solar system will power lights and fans in the church and two homes. It will also recharge the batteries for the equipment so that Divine Truth videos can be played in all of the parishes.